Monday, September 27, 2010

File Folder Card using Bleach






This is probably one of my favorite cards. When I started I didn't know where I was going with it. I found the flower stamp in the $1 bin at Joannes. I knew that it would be perfect for stamping with bleach so when I got home I prepared everything and stamped the image multiple times on yellow cardstock just playing with it. I loved it! So then I stamped and embossed the image in black on the same color card stock and this time I took my blender pen and brushed the bleach over the open area in the flower. Loved it again! So now I had these 2 images and wanted to use them so I started putting things together and ended up making a file folder card! I sewed around the edges on the front to hold my background paper in place. I popped up the main flower and added a little brown ribbon. For the inside piece I stamped the image in brown and again sewed around the edges to mimic the front. I also distressed and scuffed the edges of the main layer of cardstock. I then took the stamp again and created the envelope so that it would match the card. I so love the way this card turned out!!!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails